Nozzle components for typical arc cutting.
Plasma Arc Cutting: Procedures and Free Guide
- Very good information on plasma arc cutting. Includes the diagram at right.
- Quote from page:
- For high current cutting, the torch is mounted on a mechanical carriage. Automatic shape cutting can be done with the same equipment used for oxygen cutting, if sufficiently high travel speed is attainable. A water spray is used surrounding the plasma to reduce smoke and noise. Work tables containing water which is in contact with the underside of the metal being cut will also reduce noise and smoke.
- This concerns industrial hygiene in that it's a way of reducing smoke/fumes from these processes.
Consumable Electrode Welding
- Consumable Wire Electrode
- Shielding Gas
- Constant Voltage, DC (usually)
- MIG = Metal Inert Gas welding
- MAG = Metal Active Gas welding
- Flux Core
- Flux provides protection from atmosphere.
- Shielding gas may be used but not usually.
Non-Consumable Electrode Welding
- NON-consumable Tungsten Electrode
- Inert Shielding Gas (Ar or He)
- Constant Current
- Thin Sections of Stainless Steel and Non-Ferrous